Wood Stove Maintenance:
✔ Replace worn gaskets once a year on air-tight stoves.
✔ For peak efficiency check woodstove gaskets often and replace each and every season.
Benefits of Midwest Hearth Gaskets:
• Graphite impregnated gasketing is more abrasion resistant and not more likely to get stuck with creosote ensuring a better and more consistent air tight seal.
• Black gasket is used by leading stove manufacturers because of better aesthetics and higher performance.
• There’s no wish to paint graphite impregnated gasketing.
• Be sure stove is cold.
• Wear protective gloves and eye protection.
• Give protection to work area with a drop cloth.
• Use a screwdriver or scraper to take away old gasket and clean door channels down to bare metal.
• Apply a bead of gasket cement in door channel.
• Press new gasket into wet cement and close door to check for airtight fit.
• Trim gasket as needed.
• Clean up all cement spills or excess immediately with wet cloth.
ABRASION/CRUSH RESISTANT – Graphite impregnation/lubrication makes gasketing more abrasion resistant.
GRAPHITE IMPREGNATED FIBERGLASS – Less likely to get stuck with creosote ensuring a better and more consistent seal.
BLACK GASKET – Used by leading stove manufacturers because of better aesthetics and higher performance.
PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH CEMENT – Withstands 2000-degrees Farenheit. Adheres to all types of stoves from steel to cast iron.
MADE IN USA – Quality manufactured in the USA.